Safeguarding Adults Initial Enquiry Form
- this form is for providers to report
suspected or actual instances of abuse or neglect
Bromley Council's Safeguarding Adults Initial Enquiry Form [Word, 296KB] is to be used by adult social care providers to report suspected or actual instances of abuse or neglect and could form the start of a Safeguarding Adults (Section 42) Enquiry under the Care Act.
This form should be completed as fully as possible in order that robust decisions can be made about the progression, or otherwise, of the Safeguarding Adults Enquiry.
Please use the Safeguarding Adults Risk Threshold Tool [PDF, 300 KB], and the Risk Assessment document [to be added shortly], your knowledge of the person and your professional judgement to decide on the seriousness of the concern.
Advice in writing a safeguarding report
• Write down exactly what you are told or have seen
• Use the exact words of the person telling you, not your own
• Include times of incident
• Include the type of alleged abuse
• Include the location of the alleged abuse
• Make it clear who said what and when
• Write down everything you saw, keep it factual
• Write down people's names in full, explaining who they are
• Be accurate - write down facts as they happened, be unbiased/do not take sides, do not asking leading questions
• Use the phrases - tell me about it, explain that to me, describe that
Clarify whilst not asking leading questions
In order to clarify information, without asking leading questions:
• Explain in detail what you were told and/or saw
• Write down anything you did as a result of the allegation
• Write or type your report yourself. Keep a copy for your records
• Make sure you include the date and your signature
• Give a copy to your service manager
• Do not show it to anyone who does not need to see it
Download the Safeguarding Adults Initial Enquiry Form
Have you found something wrong with this page? If so, let us know.
Connect with us