We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website.   If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive cookies, but if you want, you can change your cookies settings at any time.

Children aged 2

Young children aged two (or just turned three) may be eligible to have 15 hours of free early learning and childcare each week (for 38 weeks of the year) with a preschool, day nursery or childminder.


Is my child entitled to a place?

Children with disabilities and learning needs are eligible if they have an Education, Health & Care Plan or if they receive Disability Living Allowance.

> Your child is entitled to a place if you are:-

> A family on benefits*

> You have a household income of £16,190 or less

> The child you are claiming for is looked after by the local authority or has previously been in care

* Benefits include:-

> Income support

> Income based Jobseekers Allowance

> Income related Employment and Support Allowance

> Support under part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999

> State Pension Credit - guarantee element


You may wish to attend a childcare advice drop in at your local Children and Family Centre. Please check the activity programmes of the children and family centre for details [external website].


How to apply

Please complete the online application form giving as much detail as possible. Do not apply for any children younger than 18 months old. Please allow 28 days for your application to be processed.


You can find out more by visiting the Bromley Council website [external website].


Find a provider

Any Bromley childcare provider rated as Good or Outstanding, by Ofsted, can take children approved for a free two year old place. This means that not all preschools, day nurseries and childminders are part of the scheme as they are not providing sufficiently good quality care and education. You should check on the Council's website (using the links below) or with the provider themselves if they are a Good or Outstanding childcare provider before you visit the setting.





Need more help?

Find out who to talk to

Contact the Information, Advice and Support Service for free, impartial information, advice and support for parents and carers of children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND). Support is also offered to children and young people with SEND. They can also help provide information in a non-web format.

E-mail: iass@bromley.gov.uk

Call: 020 8461 7630

Visit our IASS page

print this page

Have you found something wrong with this page? If so, let us know.


Connect with us


Back to top