Help filling out benefit forms

BP 2 Help to complete Benefit forms

If you need help completing any benefits forms or advice, the following organisations can help:

DIAL UK- an organisation run by people with disabilities who have experience of completing DLA forms.

The Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB)

If you are over 60 (or younger in some cases) and disabled, Age UK Bromley & Greenwich can visit you to help complete the forms.  

There are also organisations which offer advice to people with specific disabilities for example:

Kent Association for the Blind can help people who have any sight impairment.

Bromley Mencap has services that support people with a  disability and their carers to complete benefit forms: Family Support Service and Benefits Support Service for prople who are not eligible for Social Services support.

Translation Services 

Bromley Council aims to meet the communication needs of all its customers. This includes providing information on services in other languages for those customers who speak or write little or no English. 

The Council tries to provide translation and interpretation support where:

  • there is face-to-face interaction between the council and a customer;
  • they are providing basic information about obtaining services; and
  • they are consulting with customers to obtain their views, opinions, comments and complaints.

You can translate pages on the Main Bromley Council website by selecting from the drop-down box at the top of each page

Translation Services 24  provides an Interpreting and translation service, visit their website for a free online google translation tool. 

Useful links

Citizens Advice Bureau  Age UK Bromley & Greenwich  Kent Association for the Blind Bromley Mencap Bromley Council website 

Translation Services 24