We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website.   If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive cookies, but if you want, you can change your cookies settings at any time.

Carousel - Three generations of a family

Getting social care support

- find out how to ask for support and advice

Getting extra support early when you start to need more help to do things for yourself or to help you look after someone can have a significant impact on your health and lifestyle, and it can help you stay in your own home for longer.

If you think you need social care support, you’ll need to think about what types of support you need – be it homecare workers, equipment or respite breaks. Your first step to getting this sort of help should be to ask your local authority social services department for an assessment of your needs. This assessment will help you decide on the type of services you may want, as well as helping the local authority understand which services you need.

Once you have contacted Bromley Council, professionals from the Council's Adult Social Care Services will carry out an assessment to decide if you need care and support to help you live your life as you want to. The assessment will be done by a trained professional, such as a social worker or occupational therapist, and it will aim to get a complete picture of you and your needs and goals.

If you are young person who is currently receiving support from the Council's Children's Services, use the link below to find out about the transition to adult care and support.

Back to top