Drugs and alcohol in Bromley
We provide a flexible, confidential treatment and support service for adults with substance misuse issues living in Bromley. You can drop in to the service during opening times for advice, information and support - you do not need an appointment. We will help you to reduce your substance misues and minimise its harmful effects.
- Open access advice and information
- Triage assessment
- Needle exchange and harm minimisation
- Access to peer mentors and peer-led aftercare
- Hepatitis testing and vaccinations
- Complementary therapies
- Access to: Stimulant service, prescribing and psychosocial interventions, alcohol treatment specialists, counselling, Housing advice and support
Service opening times : The open access service is available at various times and locations throughout the week. For full details call 020 8289 1999.
Out of hours please contact the single point of contact mobile: 07738 802 713
35 London Road, Bromley, BR1 1DG. Mon, Wed and Fri 2pm-4pm - Tues and Thurs 5pm-7.30pm, Holy Trinity Church, Penge Fri 12noon-4pm, Cotmandene Resource Centre Thurs 12noon-4pm, Orpington Hospital Mon 12noon-4pm
Make a referral
Bromley Changes offers a range of treatment and support services for young people aged up to 18 who have concerns about their drug or alcohol use and are residents, or have links, in the borough of Bromley. We work 1-2-1 or in small groups with young people who have issues/difficulties around alcohol or drugs, by offering advice, information and treatment. The service is flexible and the team offer a responsive service that covers the entire borough. We recognise that some young people may be concerned or worried about using a Drug Service and with this in mind, we use creative and innovative methods to work with young people, eg Music and Video workshops, sporting activities and many more. Services Offered:
- Free confidential drug support for young people
- Harm reduction
- Outreach service
- Tailored group work sessions for young people, which can be delivered at Schools, Pupil Referral Units, Youth Clubs, Churches or any other suitable venue.
- Substitute prescribing for young people using heroin
- Training for professionals - designed to build confidence in delivering drugs education to young people
- Referrals to other agencies for those with complex needs to ensure that there is a co-ordinated caring approach
- Parent Support available – contact the office
- Info available on Facebook
Bromley Changes can accept referrals from the Bromley Community WellBeing Service, Bromley Youth Offending Service as well as other agencies, including self-referrals. After which we will undertake a comprehensive assessment of a young person’s needs. We are an outreach team so we can arrange to meet with you at a specific location such as at school, Youth Centres, Children Centres, home visits as well as at other locations in that a comprehensive assessment takes place. Young people who have been through this assessment process can be referred by partner agencies. All referrals can be made to the service by email, phone, fax or through direct face to face contact.
T: 0208 313 1107
T: 07920 813 660
You may also find the following pages within this website useful: Staying healthy