We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website.   If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive cookies, but if you want, you can change your cookies settings at any time.

Advice about my child's development


As a parent, you know your child best. If your child is not meeting the milestones for his or her age, or if you think there could be a problem with the way your child plays, learns, speaks, acts, and moves talk to your child’s doctor and share your concerns. Don’t wait.

Use the NHS Birth-to-five development timeline (use the button below) to see when your child may gain certain skills and learn new things. The ages given are averages and a lot of children will gain one skill earlier than another.

When it’s time to talk with the doctor, write down the questions you have and show the doctor the milestones your child has reached and the ones that concern you.



[external website]


I'm worried about my child's



Need more help?

Find out who to talk to

Contact the Information, Advice and Support Service for free, impartial information, advice and support for parents and carers of children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND). Support is also offered to children and young people with SEND. They can also help provide information in a non-web format.

E-mail: iass@bromley.gov.uk

Call: 020 8461 7630

Visit our IASS page

print this page

Have you found something wrong with this page? If so, let us know.


Connect with us


Back to top