We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website.   If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive cookies, but if you want, you can change your cookies settings at any time.

Early years and childcare


Choosing the best childcare options for your child can be a daunting experience, especially when your child has an additional need or disability. There is no right or wrong option as childcare has to fit your family and evolve as your child's needs and the needs of your family change.

Start looking early, before your child actually needs childcare, and don't feel under pressure to take the first provider you find. Take your time, speak to more than one provider and make a shortlist. You may not always find a provider that meets all your needs, but it's important to find the best fit you can.






The majority of children and young people with special educational needs can be supported through the teaching methods and resources used by the wide selection of inclusive childcare provision within the borough.

You can find details about the services through the following button.


You may be able to get details of the local offer available at individual childcare settings via their own websites, which will include information on accessibility.

All childcare providers must meet the requirements of the Government's SEND Code of Practice [PDF, 3.23MB]. They must make reasonable adjustments to policies and physical features which put disabled children at a disadvantage compared with non-disabled children. In addition they must involve you and your children in decision making and make sure you get the information and support you need. They must respond quickly to your child’s emerging needs, planning ahead and working towards positive outcomes for your child.


Specialist Childcare



Need more help?

Find out who to talk to

Contact the Information, Advice and Support Service for free, impartial information, advice and support for parents and carers of children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND). Support is also offered to children and young people with SEND. They can also help provide information in a non-web format.

E-mail: iass@bromley.gov.uk

Call: 020 8461 7630

Visit our IASS page

print this page

Have you found something wrong with this page? If so, let us know.


Connect with us


Back to top