We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website.   If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive cookies, but if you want, you can change your cookies settings at any time.


Bromley Children’s Disability Register

If you have a disabled child aged 0 - 25 years old you can register them with us online.


Register now


Why register

By law we have to keep a register of disabled children living in Bromley.

The register helps us plan services for disabled children. We use anonymous statistical information from the register to work out what type of services parents need for their children and in which areas.

You can read more about our privacy policy.

You don't have to register your child with us if you don't want to, its entirely voluntary.

If you register you may be able to get a discount card called a My Max Card.


Who can go on the register

For the register, the definition of disability is taken from the Equalities Act 2010 [external website] and can include: 

- autism or Aspergers syndrome


- cerebral palsy

- dyspraxia

- deaf, blind or deafblind

- mobility problems

- learning disability

- undiagnosed medical conditions

- terminal illness

We may ask for evidence of your Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan, Statement of Special Educational Needs (SEN) or benefit documents, either Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payments (PIP).

We cannot provide proof of your child’s disability as this is an online service and we will not be assessing or diagnosing your child’s ability.


Removing your child or yourself from the register

We automatically remove your child's details once they reach 25 years old.

If you want to be removed earlier than this, please email cdr@bromley.gov.uk and we will remove all details within 30 days.


More information about the Disabled Children's Register

Call 020 8313 4511 or email cdr@bromley.gov.uk for more information or if you have questions about whether you should register your child.


Register now



print this page

Have you found something wrong with this page? If so, let us know.


Connect with us


Back to top